This is our most popular product. The PAT provides interactive insight into transmission model behavior, permitting users to modify the problem and then re-solve... all within a few seconds. This instant feedback gives the ability to detect and understand transmission problems and their effects on the Promod solution.
- CLIENT-DRIVEN FEATURE DEVELOPMENT -- Our most useful features are based on our client's ideas, including a load model editor, a generation maintenance tool, an interactive gen stack, quick and easy transmission project additions, and several data diagnostics that filter out typical Promod problems.
- DISCOVER & FIX PROMOD PROBLEMS -- Improve the accuracy of your analysis by discovering & solving problems in the data that cause erroneous optimization results. We can even help you develop custom constraints with a built-in contingency evaluator. PAT.net makes maintaining your event file much easier.
- RENEWABLES ANALYSIS -- A specialized feature allows for in depth analysis of renewable generation portfolios. We can explain the reasons for curtailment or emergency generation.
- GAIN UNDERSTANDING -- If your experience with Promod is limited, you will find the PAT especially helpful in learning what’s going on inside the Promod black box.
- HELP FILE -- Learn more about something you are looking at by pressing F1 to bring up the Help File & read up on your current page.
- MAKE PROMOD RUN FASTER -- Trim down the event file for much faster Promod run-times.
APC CALCULATOR NEW!
This independent program uses a MISO-approved algorithm to calculate APC by company and by pool.
- PERFECT ACCURACY -- Until now, market participants had to develop and maintain their own APC calculation methods. Aside from being a challenge to implement, there is no way to verify the accuracy of your algorithm. We worked directly with the MISO team responsible for performing the calculations to ensure our method is an exact match.
- COVERAGE AREA -- Though the APC works in any ISO, the algorithm for calculation currently follows the MISO method. We are working to adapt the APC to both SPP and PJM methodologies.
- NEW FEATURES -- Since its release in 2016, we have added several key features based on client feedback.
- Multiple Cases: Read, calculate, and compare results for multiple cases. Use our Gen-Tracking tool to reveal how specific changes in the transmission or generation between cases will affect combined cycle units vs. conventional steam (for instance).
- Identify Outliers: the APC tool can now record every detail for a selected hour to disclose the exact cause of any “unusual” outliers in the hourly calculation.
- Company Tracker: A new company summary shows the annual components of the APC for each company.
- Help File: Don’t understand something you are looking at? Clicking F1 will bring you to a comprehensive description of that section’s procedure and calculation for a complete understanding of the results.
- FAST RUN TIME -- Aside from these useful features, the program also boasts a sub-4 minute run time.
Not a Promod user? You can still leverage the PAT’s powerful features with the Stand-Alone PAT.
- FTR MODEL -- This product is completely independent from Promod. The model is derived from ISO FTR models & daily market settlement results.
- OUTAGE MAPPING -- Programmatically gather planned and unplanned transmission outages from the ISOs and automatically map almost all of them to specific branches in the model. Use an interactive mapping tool to take care of those that cannot be automatically mapped.
- CONGESTED PRICES -- Keeping track of current topologies allows for much more accurate calculation of “shift factors” needed to determine congested system prices. Gain an edge over FTR/TCC and virtual traders using statistical analysis.
- OUTAGE PRICE IMPACT -- Use the Outage Factor Tool to predict the direction of price splits caused by planned transmission and generation outages.
- FIND PRICE DRIVERS -- No more guessing about what’s driving congested prices. The LMP Decomposition Tool reveals the exact cause of congested pricing due to binding constraints in both the day-ahead and real-time markets for PJM, MISO, and ERCOT.
CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
Aside from our core products, we have developed dozens of custom applications for clients all over the US and Canada. Do you have repetitive processes that you'd like to automate? Are you tired of manually submitting generation offers and load bids? Call us & find out how we can save you time.