The PAT - Promod Analysis Tool
This is our most popular product. The PAT provides interactive insight into transmission model behavior, permitting users to modify the problem and then re-solve... all within a few seconds. This instant feedback gives the ability to detect and understand transmission problems and their effects on the Promod solution.
- CLIENT-DRIVEN FEATURE DEVELOPMENT -- Our most useful features are based on our client's ideas, including a load model editor, a generation maintenance tool, an interactive gen stack, quick and easy transmission project additions, and several data diagnostics that filter out typical Promod problems.
- DISCOVER & FIX PROMOD PROBLEMS -- Improve the accuracy of your analysis by discovering & solving problems in the data that cause erroneous optimization results. We can even help you develop custom constraints with a built-in contingency evaluator. The PAT makes maintaining your event file much easier.
- RENEWABLES ANALYSIS -- A specialized feature allows for in depth analysis of renewable generation portfolios. We can explain the reasons for curtailment or emergency generation.
- GAIN UNDERSTANDING -- If your experience with Promod is limited, you will find the PAT especially helpful in learning what’s going on inside the Promod black box.
- HELP FILE -- Learn more about something you are looking at by pressing F1 to bring up the Help File & read up on your current page.
- MAKE PROMOD RUN FASTER -- Trim down the event file for much faster Promod run-times.
Get the 5-bus data here
This independent program uses MISO and SPP approved algorithms to calculate APC by company and by pool.
- MORE THAN A CALCULATOR -- Beyond calculating APC, this tool provides a high level but comprehensive understanding of your Promod solution. You can graphically compare multiple runs, track individual generators or company fleets, and see LMP statistics. This is a huge time saver for assessing Promod solutions.
- BATCH MODE (New!) -- The APC calculator can now run in "batch" mode. Now you can create bulk reports using Promod output files to help with project evaluation. It's easy to pick your parameters and generate reports specific to your needs. You can pick just about any variable from the normal interactive-mode. In batch mode, the APC reads from a specified zip archive of the Promod solution, and returns CSV reports in a similar zip archive.
- PERFECT ACCURACY -- Until now, you had to develop and maintain your own APC calculation methods. Aside from being a challenge to implement, there is no way to verify the accuracy of your algorithm. We worked directly with both the MISO and SPP teams responsible for performing the calculations to ensure our methods are exact matches.
- COVERAGE AREA -- Though the APC works in any ISO, you have the option of using either the SPP or MISO calculation method. We are working to adapt the APC to the PJM methodology.
- KEY FEATURES -- Since its release in 2016, we have added several key features based on client feedback.
- Multiple Cases: Read as many cases as your memory will allow. Use our Gen-Tracking tool to reveal how specific changes in the transmission or generation between cases will affect your specific unit(s).
- Identify Outliers: The graphical interface quickly displays outliers. Once you've found them, then dive into the details for a selected hour to find the exact cause.
- Company and Unit Tracker: Get all the details on the unit(s) or fleet(s) you care about.
- Help File: Don’t understand something? Click F1 to view that page's details in our comprehensive help file.
- FAST RUN TIME -- Aside from these useful features, the program also boasts a sub-2 minute run time.
Not a Promod user? You can still leverage the PAT’s powerful features with the Stand-Alone PAT.
- FTR MODEL -- This product is completely independent from Promod. The model is derived from ISO FTR models & daily market settlement results.
- OUTAGE MAPPING -- Programmatically gather planned and unplanned transmission outages from the ISOs and automatically map almost all of them to specific branches in the model. Use an interactive mapping tool to take care of those that cannot be automatically mapped.
- CONGESTED PRICES -- Keeping track of current topologies allows for much more accurate calculation of “shift factors” needed to determine congested system prices. Gain an edge over FTR/TCC and virtual traders using statistical analysis.
- OUTAGE PRICE IMPACT -- Use the Outage Factor Tool to predict the direction of price splits caused by planned transmission and generation outages.
- FIND PRICE DRIVERS -- No more guessing about what’s driving congested prices. The LMP Decomposition Tool reveals the exact cause of congested pricing due to binding constraints in both the day-ahead and real-time markets for PJM, MISO, and ERCOT.
CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
Aside from our core products, we have developed dozens of custom applications for clients all over the US and Canada. Do you have repetitive processes that you'd like to automate? Are you tired of manually submitting generation offers and load bids? Call us & find out how we can save you time.
Payments for License Renewal and Training Expenses: